PESACH SEDER POT-LUCK LIST: If you are coming to the Community Seder, Friday April 13th at Temple Shalom, please indicate what you will be bringing on the attached list & email it back by Tuesday April 10th
Yom HaAtzmaut celebrations will take place at the Asper Community Campus on April 26 from 4 p.m. until dark. Volunteers are needed -Please let us know i
Office Hours: 8 AM to Noon Mon to Fri 453-1625
Emergency Family Crisis: 470-1435
Services at Temple Shalom:
• Fri Apr 6 at 6:00 PM Kabbalat Shabbat Service lay led by Mary Ann Osinski with music by Phil Spevack. A short shabbat service.(Passover begins at sunset: 7:51 PM)
• Fri Apr 13 at 6:15 PM Community Seder lay led by Ruth Livingston. If you are coming, please mark down what you are bringing & email it back to the temple. Thank you.
Upcoming Events of Temple Shalom
• Fri Apr 27 at 6:15 PM – Pot-Luck on an Israeli Theme!
• Fri Apr 27 at 8:00 PM – Yom HaAtzmaut Shabbat Service lay led by Allan Finkel with Cantor Len Udow and the Friday Night Live Band: Cantor Len: guitar; Janet Pelletier-Goetze; keyboard, clarinet or saxophone; David Pelletier: drums; John Gosselin: bass
• Shavuot, 5772 [May 27, 2012] at 11:00 AM: CATERED LUNCHEON TO FOLLOW-PLEASE RSVP
Temple Shalom is excited that the Penn Torah Scroll will be dedicated at a special ceremony on Shavuot. This is the first Torah scribed by a Canadian woman [Irma Penn]. You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to participate in the mitzvah of completing a Torah by helping to write one letter. (April 8, 15 or 22) As it is said, to write one letter is as if you had written the whole Torah. You have a number of other opportunities; among them dedicating a word, parasha or a favourite biblical story.
Please see the great video on our website (running from March 12). For further information regarding this opportunity and ways that you can donate, go to http:///www.templeshalomwinnipeg.ca or email email@example.com” data-mce-href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com
• Hebrew School Wed Apr 4 at 5 PM
• Religious School: Pesach -Classes will be held as usual on April 8th
Events held at Temple Shalom:
• Wed Apr 4 at 1:30 PM Health and Well Being presents “Acupuncture & Pain Management” by Dr. Gregory Chernish. Refreshments & Entrance are Free. Silver donation appreciated
• Sat Apr 14 at 7:30 PM Grant Wilton Coffee House presents “Bog River”, Ben Hadaller, Carly Dow, Dave Barchyn. Tickets: $10 through Phil at 488-0207
• Thursdays: Weight Watchers at 12:30 PM and 6:30 PM
Visit the Temple Shalom website for more information on upcoming events and services at www.templeshalomwinnipeg.ca
• JCFS Passover Cookbook, “A 21st Century Passover” has gained a wonderful reputation as a Passover treasure. If you are looking for a gift to bring to your Seder or need one to replace your well used copy, remember Jewish Child and Family Service will be selling its Passover cookbooks again this year. For a newly reduced price of only $10 you can create some tasty culinary Passover treats for your family and friends. PLEASE CALL 477-7430 TO ORDER A COOKBOOK.
• Thurs Apr 19 from 9:30 am – 11:15 am Yom Hashoah “Unto Every Person There is a Name” held in room 254, Manitoba Legislative building . During this programme, the names of Holocaust victims that are inscribed on the monument at the Manitoba Legislature are read aloud. These names are of individuals and families who perished in the Holocaust whose survivors and families came to Manitoba. They and their children and grandchildren have contributed greatly to every facet of life in our community and province. We invite you to participate and join with other members of our community in reciting the names during the ceremony. By personalizing the individual tragedy of its victims and survivors, this programme seeks to defy the dangerous trends of indifference and ignorance of recent history that are ever present in the world at large, and will restore some dignity to those who were stripped of their identities and robbed of their lives. As many names as possible will be read in the time available. To confirm your participation in programme or for more information, please contact Sharon Apt at the B’nai Brith office at 487-9623 or at firstname.lastname@example.org” data-mce-href=”mailto:email@example.com“>firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call for volunteers: Yom HaAtzmaut celebrations will take place at the Asper Community Campus on April 26 from 4 p.m. until dark. Volunteers are needed to work with children, food, decorations, entertainment, sponsorship, etc. From teens to seniors, we can use your help! Please contact email@example.com” data-mce-href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com if you would like to volunteer.
• People can visit templeshalomwinnipeg.wordpress.com and read the rabbi’s blog posts and comment or receive comments back from the rabbi!
TWITTER – www.twitter.com/tshalom1
Temple Shalom www.templeshalomwinnipeg.ca
Emergency Family Crisis phone: 470-1435